Repeat prescriptions can be requested once you are on regular medication. Please allow 48 hours for us to process your request before collecting from reception or your chosen pharmacy.
How to order your repeat prescription
- Online – The easiest way to order a repeat prescription is to use online services. Simply log in to the online portal and visit the medication section. You then tick the medications you want. If you are not registered you will need to register for online services before you can order medication in this way.
- In person – You can do this by returning the right-hand side of a previous prescription for the required medications, or by submitting a handwritten request. Please put this repeat prescription request in the box at the reception desk.
- Post – You can post your prescription slip or written request to us at the practice. Please include a stamped addressed envelope for return by post if you will not be able to pick up your prescription from the surgery or chosen pharmacy.
- Phone – We are unable to take requests for medication over the telephone except for housebound patients.
Collecting your prescription
We can now send prescriptions electronically to your chosen pharmacy. This is not only quicker and more efficient, it is better for the environment too. This means you don’t have to come back to the surgery to pick up the prescription, but you can go straight to the pharmacy and pick up your medicine. This works even better if you request the medicine online as it means you can miss out on two trips to the practice.
You can nominate your pharmacy by:
- Visiting your regular pharmacy and signing up for electronic prescribing.
- Asking the receptionist at the practice to register your chosen pharmacy.
- You can also change your nominated pharmacy using the medication section of our online services.
Find out more about electronic prescribing.
The doctors at the practice regularly review the medication you are taking. They will sometimes call you in for a medication review and this may involve blood tests. It is very important that you attend these appointments, as it keeps you safe whilst taking medication.